Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Indianapolis
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you expect it’s running correctly so your Indianapolis basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can quit working for a few different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t draining correctly, contact the Experts at Broad Ripple Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and give you preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit operating for a few different reasons:
- Power loss
- Irregular maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to ensure your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side, since this can cause the pump to not run when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump turns on and removes the water efficiently.
- During arid forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Broad Ripple Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of safeguard to defend your home from water damage, depend on the professionals at Broad Ripple Service Experts to confirm yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at or schedule an appointment online.